The 2021 Igor and Kristy Ilinsky Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to support young Estonian neurologists/neuroscientists who want to study and improve their skills in the field of modern (and evolving) treatments in movement disorders, especially dyskinesias, and gain in-depth knowledge of the underlying scientific principles of these disorders. The scholarship is funded by Igor Ilinsky and Heli-Kristy Kultas-Ilinsky.
Number and size of scholarships:
One scholarship for 23 750 euros.
Estonian citizens up to the age of 35 can apply for the scholarship. Applicants must be graduates of a medical science program who are undergoing or have completed internships and/or residency programs in neurology, neurosurgery, or neuroradiology, have high level academic achievements, and are interested in modern therapeutic and diagnostic procedures such as deep brain stimulation, brain imaging, functional magnetic resonance, etc., as well as new evolving methods and science. Scholarships are also open to recent medical science graduates interested in neuroscience research and to young doctoral graduates who wish the apply their knowledge and skills in a clinical setting.
Applicants must select a clinical and/or academic research program at a European and North American medical education centre of excellence and must be selected. Candidates must be able to justify their choice and provide arguments to show that the training program is in line with the objectives of the scholarship.
To apply, submit:
- scholarship application (in the electronic form of the foundation);
- an overview of the applicant’s research experience and interests and a justification of how it relates to the objective of the scholarship (up to 2 pages in Estonian and English);
- a conformation letter from the receiving medical education centre;
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor;
- other documents that the applicant deems necessary to be included, such as published papers, conference presentations, etc.
Deadline to Apply:
1 November 2021
The scholarship will be awarded:
The scholarship will be paid out after signing the contract with the University of Tartu Foundation.